I have been tagged by Charlene Chausis for the eight random things meme. Since this is the first time that I have been tagged and I need motivation to get back to blogging, I have decided to participate.
Here are the Rules:
* Post these rules before you give your facts
* List 8 random facts about yourself
* At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
* Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
My random facts:
- My mother was a Tupperware lady, successful enough to be #5 in the US in 1977-1978 and appeared in one of the commercial, “The fresh idea” campaign and print ad
- I am a member of the Society for Baseball Research (SABR) who has been published in two books in 1986 and 1987
- In addition to being the Director of Academic Technology, I am also a co-founder of our Science Olympiad team
- For the past four years, I have also been the lead adviser for our schools yearbook, the Mirror
- I attended Northwestern University during the “streak”, a 34 game losing streak that was not broken until the middle of my junior year. Best question and answer asked by a corporate recruiter to a friend of mine, “Describe something about yourself which demonstrates your willingness to persevere.” His answer, “I have been a walk-on football player for a team that hasn’t won a game during my collegiate football career.”
- I was a two time winner of the Chalktalk competition at the University of Michigan Mathematics Olympics, as a sophomore and a senior.
- I have completed 10 triathlons, the last being in 2002, even though I detest running. I need to start doing this again.
- After spending most of my life in the Rust Belt (Western Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois), I got to travel to Europe while on a sabbatical. We were in London for the July 7, 2005 bombing. This is when I realized how small and flat the world really is.
I am tagging: